[scribus-dev] OIF / text engine

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Sat Nov 27 15:03:57 CET 2010

On 11/26/10 2:13 PM, Pierre Marchand wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hopefully the "export to image" still works in OIF branch!
> Here are 2 pages to show what the new text engine can do with arabic
> on which it would be useful to have feedback.
>
> The font is Sheherazade (Version 1.001 (build 117/117)) from the SIL.
>
> BIDI is done with the help of Fribidi and shaping by ICU.
>
> It's all in OIF branch[1] at rev. 15999
>
> [1] svn://scribus.info/Scribus/branches/ScribusOIF

Very impressive Pierre!

Can you provide the text in a file? (soon)

And, long term, we should have sample texts in each language in a
tests/text directory in SVN, with source and if at all possible,
translations, and documentation on how to get them to render correctly,
ie, fonts suggestions, paragraph settings..

thanks