[scribus-dev] The Scribus developers Hit Parades

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 19:40:23 CET 2010

2010/11/25 Andreas Vox <avox at arcor.de>

> [...]

Can we show this list as a table in the wiki or in the website ? This kind
of display is more suitable in a table than in a plain text email and would
look more appealing !

> Also, in the future I'd like to see this lists on a website with e-mails
> going to both scribus@ and scribus-dev at .

Each week we could have an email to both lists with the URL to this chart.

Can we also connect this idea with the “Personas” of Scribus? Solving a bug
while keeping in mind that "this persona will be happy" might also help keep
the momentum, like for the Dead Keys bug, for instance! :)

Finally, do we want to distinguish between Bugs and RFEs? My purpose here is
certainly not to dilute a good idea and to make things more complex but to
me the Dead Key issue is a bug and the Runaround Text is a RFE. Both need
attention but are not the same. But of course, we can mix them. What do you
think?

Also, maybe we will find it hard to maintain the weekly rythm and while we
can use the Weeks on Charts, we could think of a monthly update. I have no
preference, only thinking of the extra work to keep all this tied together.
Can the Mantis Bugtracker system be used here, at least to pump the raw
data?

Top Ten Bugs — Weeks on Chart — Link to Bugtracker
1. Bug no. x — 198 —
2. Bug no. y — 56 —
3. Bug no. z — 2 —
etc.

Top Ten RFEs — Weeks on Chart — Link to Bugtracker
1. This persona’s RFE a — 200 —
2. This persona’s RFE b — 57 —
3. This persona’s RFE c — 12 —
etc.