[scribus-dev] Who is going to kill the style dialog ?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Nov 1 13:57:14 CET 2010

On 11/01/2010 06:39 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> ciao louis,
>
> see this case:
>
> - you have a paragraph you want to use as style
>
> - you create a style out of it (just by being prompted a name: that's ok)
>
> - you then change the kerning of the paragraph to better fit the text
>
> - you change the font
>
> - you fix the kerning again
>
> - now you want to update the style you have first created by using the
> new font
>
> - as you update the style (or create a new based on the current
> paragraph) the kerning information will be included.
>
> - you just wanted to update /store the font change... and now you're upset.
>

> or am i mistaken?

Yes, I think this is a big problem with some simple right-clicking
operation. What are you right-clicking on? a word? a letter? a sentence?
a paragraph? an entire text frame?

If you can imagine a paragraph with its style, and inside it there are
blocks of text having character styles, if you change the paragraph
style, does it override all the character styles?