christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue Mar 9 07:56:23 CET 2010
Am Montag, 8. März 2010 19:00:40 schrieb Vijju Reddy:
> can anyone tell me how to start understanding scribus code.i really want to
> contribute in developing.i just want to know the basics of scribus
First let me thank you for your desire to contribute to Scribus. This is
Understanding the Scribus code base is not easy, despite our efforts to
comment much of the code. That being said, here's a list of basics that may
help you to decide whether you want to contribute or not:
1) Scribus is written in C++.
2) Scribus uses the Qt 4 framework.
3) Since the major goal of Scribus is to create print-ready files, you should
have some basic knowledge about PostScript and PDF (specs are publicly
4) The Scribus file format is based on XML, so some XML knowledge seems to be
5) Unless you plan to work on some internals, like, for instance, support for
Indic or CJK scripts, it might as well suffice to read the developer
documentation shipped with Scribus or on docs.scribus.net, especially the
sections on plugins.
6) If you're more into scripting, please feel free to explore the Python
Scripter interface of Scribus.
More information about the scribus-dev