[scribus-dev] help

Jain Basil Aliyas jainbasil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 03:07:51 CET 2010

Hi Vijju,

Welcome to Scribus Development!
Are you from India?

Check out this page for building Scribus on your machine.
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake

Also, join the IRC channels #scribus and #scribus-dev for discussions.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Christoph Schäfer <
christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Montag, 8. März 2010 19:00:40 schrieb Vijju Reddy:
> > can anyone tell me how to start understanding scribus code.i really want
> > contribute in developing.i just want to know the basics of scribus
> > development
>
> Hi Vijju,
>
> First let me thank you for your desire to contribute to Scribus. This is
> really appreciated.
>
> Understanding the Scribus code base is not easy, despite our efforts to
> comment much of the code. That being said, here's a list of basics that may
> help you to decide whether you want to contribute or not:
>
> 1) Scribus is written in C++.
>
> 2) Scribus uses the Qt 4 framework.
>
> 3) Since the major goal of Scribus is to create print-ready files, you
> should
> have some basic knowledge about PostScript and PDF (specs are publicly
> available).
>
> 4) The Scribus file format is based on XML, so some XML knowledge seems to
> be
> handy.
>
> 5) Unless you plan to work on some internals, like, for instance, support
> for
> Indic or CJK scripts, it might as well suffice to read the developer
> documentation shipped with Scribus or on docs.scribus.net, especially the
> sections on plugins.
>
> 6) If you're more into scripting, please feel free to explore the Python
> Scripter interface of Scribus.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

Greetings!

Jain Basil Aliyas

--
Student, Dept. Of Computer Science & Engineering,
Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur - 9, Kerala, India.