[scribus-dev] help

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Mar 8 23:15:57 CET 2010

hi Vijju,

> can anyone tell me how to start understanding scribus code.i really
> want to contribute in developing.i just want to know the basics of
> scribus development

please tell us who you are, what are your programming skills
(languages, frameworks, ...), what do you know about DTP, whether
you're studying or working (in which field?).

and for starting, as alexandre wrote, download a fresh svn version
(trunk), compile it.
then go to http://bugs.scribus.net and find a bug report which you
like  (and doesn't seem to broad).

try to find out through a debugger or a string search where the
relevant parts are, then come back here and start asking specific
questions about what  you don't understand.

hope that helps...
a.l.e