[scribus-dev] visual update for 1.4

David Bolack dbolack at electricmulch.com
Mon Dec 6 19:10:11 CET 2010

On 12/06/2010 11:51 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> I'd love to have a dispute on how things came to be, offlist if
> possible to keep env clean. Always had a soft spot for funny theories
> on alternative history.

When in doubt, I blame bunnies.

> I don't think of Scribus developers as of codemonkeys. Maybe you do,
> but then I'm blessed to not be you.

Oh, we all have our terms of endearment. :) I suppose in some circles
its probably not the most complimentary term.  We take our blessings
where we can get them.

>> As though these are mutually exclusive skillsets.
> They usually are. And besides if you make an effort of actually
> reading things you respond to, you will discover phrases such as, let
> me repeat it, "rarely able to". This is so not mutually exclusive. You
> only had to read. Of course, I respect you right to jump at
> conclusions.

One must get exercise where one can.

> You mentioned coding. I'd love to hear about that one.

I'm not familiar enough with all of the dialog code to give a blow by
blow example but I've been an active user-participant in enough OSS over
the years to have seen these kinda of things often lead to other
necessary work to make the desired change work.

What little work I've done in the Canvas code showed things were not
always as easy as they appeared on first blush.