[scribus-dev] visual update for 1.4

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:58:51 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:46 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> personally, i'd prefer to focus the UI work on 1.5svn. there are lot of
> tweaks to be done (some of which depend on bigger code base clean up) and i
> don't have the feeling that pushing new icons into 1.4 will allow such a
> terrific advance in the UI experience.

As if design was done by programmers.

> to me 1.4 is just a long time due stable release which will open the road to
> several usability and feature breakthroughs in 1.6 (which hopefully we won't
> have to wait for 6 years...).

There are very few constant things in the world that were not
considered temporary once in the past.

We are going to live with 1.4 quite long. I can feel it in my water.
The whole history of Scribus tells me I'm right. So I fail to see how
improving visual look of what we are going to recommend as stable
version is going to be baaaad, especially neither you nor anybody else
in the team is going to work on that design.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org