[scribus-dev] visual update for 1.4

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Dec 6 15:05:09 CET 2010

On 12/06/2010 06:58 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> We are going to live with 1.4 quite long. I can feel it in my water.
> The whole history of Scribus tells me I'm right. So I fail to see how
> improving visual look of what we are going to recommend as stable
> version is going to be baaaad, especially neither you nor anybody else
> in the team is going to work on that design.

I haven't felt my water yet this morning, but I think it makes sense for
visual elements to have their playground in the unstable branch so as
not to confuse users too much. Once some look is found and felt have
some great appeal, these could easily be backported to stable.

As someone who typically has at least 2 different Scribus versions on
the computers I use, I like the idea of having an obviously different
look to remind me which version I'm using.