[scribus-dev] gsoc 09 project of exporting PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-4 and XPS

Thach Tran tranngocthachs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:48:08 CET 2009

Hi!

I'm a student from University of Nottingham, UK and I'm really
interested in working on this project this summer under GSOC.
About my skills, I'm a final year undergraduate student and I'm
finishing my dissertation here which involves converting from PDFXML
to PDF. So, I do generally have knowledge of PDF. However, as my
project is developed using Java (a library called PDFBox in specific),
I guess I have a lot to learn in order to work with Scribus. I do know
C and C++ since I took a few courses which involved these.
Unfortunately, I have no experience regarding Qt framework except
hearing people talking about it all the time :D
Having said all that, would it be possible for me to get a few advices
about the details of this project and also how would I go about
starting to learn more about PDF's exporting in Scribus.
Thank you very much and looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,
Thach