[scribus-dev] Serious bugs in 1.3.3.12

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 00:27:47 CEST 2008

2008/7/20 "Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>:

> Hi guys,
>
> while working on the print layout of the manual (which is almost finished,
> btw -- 390 pages so far and about +/- 40 more to come; only PDF Forms and
> the glossary aren't finished yet), I stumbled across a major bug in
> 1.3.3.12, which made me lose literally hours of work: I replaced fi and fl
> with ligatures in the Story Editor via search & replace.

This reminds me when I layed out my Pushkin book for LGM 1 - Lyon.

I think there is a decent workaround for this but it remains to be proved.

Workaround (?) use the Search & Replace function outside the SE. I think it
worked better although the refresh was a bit long. Also, since there is
(was) no progress bar, depending on the strings to change, users can get
anxious waiting for Scribus to be done with the changes but it works. This
remains to be proven now with 1.3.3.12. — Christoph, can you check this? At
least try with a chapter, not the entire book.

Hope this helps.

Louis