[scribus-dev] Editable Master Pages

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:27:55 CEST 2008

2008/8/6 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>

> Louis Desjardins wrote:
>

>> It is clear there is a need for much more flexibility and the ability to
>> make round trips while establishing the layout. Going back and forth, trying
>> and testing, all this is a big part of the creation process.
>>
> My sense of this is that it is unwise to do Scribus modifications to cover
> every possible need. Better to intentionally fall a bit short in the
> interests of not getting so far down a path that you are reluctant to
> retrace steps and go in a different direction. This is the difference
> between the user and the programmer perspective.

Sure. I completely agree with what you say. We cannot fulfill every possible
need. When I say "much more flexibility" it is meant "within reasonable
limits". Those limits are not only set by programming difficutly or
restrictions of any kind but also has to be looked into from the user
perspective, keeping in mind "usability". "Usability" will fatally oppose to
"flexibility" at some point. Too much possibilities will go against ease of
use, intuitiveness and in the end, overall usability.

Louis