[scribus] Scribus list settings

Bert Driehuis driehuis at playbeing.org
Thu Feb 2 14:29:36 UTC 2023

I think the problem is in the mailing list software. Most mail clients
these days use UTF-8, and I doubt Protonmail would be any different.

Mailman seems to still be built on the assumption that UTF-8 is not
universal, and I think the problem occurs in the digest processing.
Internally, Mailman seems to translate UTF-8 to the default language for
the list, which is English in US-ASCII, but it does this only for some
message parts.

@Craig, in Mailman it is possible to enable a second language (under
Language options). It may or may not help to tick French, but it's worth a
try.

With kind regards,
Bert