[scribus] Scribus 1.5.8 - where did text columns go?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Nov 1 15:39:38 UTC 2022

On 11/1/22 11:05, Gary Dale wrote:
> I'm running Debian/Bookworm on an AMD64 system. Scribus is v1.5.8.
>
> I have a Scribus document created from multiple templates combined into a single large document, with the base document being a copy of an older one originally created years ago. This shouldn't be relevant to the problem except that one of the older sections has some text frames with internal columns that I need to adjust.
>
> I can select the frame (text107) and edit it with the (atrociously buggy) story editor but I can't change the column layout. There is no "text" property in the properties window. I've seen responses that say it's now in the "shape" property but where in the shape property?
>
> When I look at the "shape" property, I get "shape", which allows me to choose a basic shape, and edit the nodes of that shape, along with a border-radius tool for rounding corner, and a "text flow" which allows me to choose how to flow external text around text frame, and a "fill rule" which allows me to fill the frame background.
>
> Where is the text columns adjustment?

Hi Gary,

What's happened is that a number of things have been pulled out of the Properties palette to make it simpler. There is now a "Content Properties" item in the Windows on the toolbar (F3).
For Text frames, this will show the Text Properties palette, and for Image Frames, the Image Properties palette.

Greg