[scribus] Scribus 1.5.8 - where did text columns go?

Gary Dale gary at extremeground.com
Tue Nov 1 15:05:20 UTC 2022

I'm running Debian/Bookworm on an AMD64 system. Scribus is v1.5.8.

I have a Scribus document created from multiple templates combined into
a single large document, with the base document being a copy of an older
one originally created years ago. This shouldn't be relevant to the
problem except that one of the older sections has some text frames with
internal columns that I need to adjust.

I can select the frame (text107) and edit it with the (atrociously
buggy) story editor but I can't change the column layout. There is no
"text" property in the properties window. I've seen responses that say
it's now in the "shape" property but where in the shape property?

When I look at the "shape" property, I get "shape", which allows me to
choose a basic shape, and edit the nodes of that shape, along with a
border-radius tool for rounding corner, and a "text flow" which allows
me to choose how to flow external text around text frame, and a "fill
rule" which allows me to fill the frame background.

Where is the text columns adjustment?