[scribus] Align Text Justified Failing at Bottom of Frame

Matt Miller matt.miller at fastmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:55:46 UTC 2022

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022, at 06:53, Matt Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2022, at 23:32, Andreas Mair wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> looking at your screenshot, left page. I'd say the lines at the bottom are
>> not "in line", just look at the space below the last lines.
>> I'd suggest to use "Align to Baseline Grid" (you use "fixed linespacing").
>> If you use it, the last line of a column will not move too near to text
>> textbox bottom border.
>
> Thanks, I'll look at that again. I did try that earlier, but the
> results were terrible, with massive amounts of vertical spacing. I'll
> see if I can adjust that.

This seems to have fixed it. In all my templates under "Document Setup | Guides" I set the baseline grid spacing to 1pt, then in the paragraph style I set the linespacing to "Align to Baseline Grid." Overall the new document appearance is the same, except that the bottom lines of text frames stay a bit further away from the bottom. I don't see any occurrences of the bottom line not justifying.

Thanks to everyone for your input.