[scribus] Installing Scribus 1.4.8 on Ubuntu-based Linux OS

Geoffrey Dow geoffdow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:17:21 UTC 2022

Thanks for your reply Mattia,

Someone replied to me off-list with a link to an appimage (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-svn/1.4.9.svn/scribus-1.4.9.svn.23989-linux-x86_64.AppImage/download)
which seems to work (though its interface looks like something out of the
Windows95 era).

I had been running Linux Mint, but upgrading that saw my speakers stop
working, so I have switched to Linuxliteos until such a time as my hardware
gives up the ghost and I'm forced to move into a more modern era.

Geoff

Geoffrey Dow www.bppress.ca <https://bppress.ca> | www.papazesser.ca