[scribus] text-flow gets changed by 1.5.8

Martin Zaske LINGO martin.zaske at lingo-benin.org
Tue Mar 1 09:44:16 UTC 2022

Craig had asked for samples. So I submitted an issue for this on the
mantis tracker and uploaded my sample .sla file. The ID is 0016763.

There is a limit of 2 MB for sample-uploads, which does not feel quite
enough when discussing actual publications. I had tried uploading my
entire document from "collect for output". Then I removed all photos and
captions, but now the bad effect is much less visible on the pages as we
had text mixed with photos.

I would love to get help now on how to proceed, as we are still in the
process of a re-design for our magazine. I need something stable, so
that I can introduce our team to the new templates and start training.

- Shall I ignore version 1.5.8 until the cause is identified (and fixed
on my system or in Scribus)?

- Any specific known reason for not using version 1.5.7  (on Windows and
Linux machines) during 2022?

Thank you,

Martin