[scribus] Would like to read up on Attributes

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Sep 20 16:16:13 UTC 2021

Hello
Le 20/09/2021 à 17:31, Martin Zaske LINGO a écrit :
 > Is there a way to have certain Attributes show up in visible form in a
 > document? For example one Attribute could be "domain" and somewhere in
 > our articles we could have a "field" inside a text-frame that would
 > print "Sports" or "Health"? I am thinking of those "fields" that we are
 > using for "page number". Can we have "fields" from the "Attributes"?

I dont know about these attributes.

Have you tried the various "notecalls" that scribus 1.5 now provides ?
They are sort of "fields".

It's the 3d option of the right click menu when in Text Edit mode.
The fifth and last possible notecall type is "variable text" :
it enables to define a "domain" text and its value,
and to use it later in other place.
It's also later possible to manage them via the Edit > Notecalls

I dont use this feature but I dont remember why.
(too new a feature and a bit buggy ? maybe not)

JL