[scribus] scribus being slow and solution

Colin Madwolf colin at madwolf.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 14:28:03 UTC 2021

> On 25 Oct 2021, at 13:00, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
>
> What we need is a rough plan that describes the problem. And how it can
> be solved. Preferably with a few steps outling the plan and how much
> time and effort these steps take.

OK sounds excellent

I have isolated what I think is the problem with my own document.  I have reduced the file to 5 pages (from 48) and I still get the spinning beachball - I still get a VERY slow scroll rate even when I use preview mode too.  Which seems very odd.

I have collected that for output and have a zip file of 5.5MB ready to send over.  I hope it may help you to get to the bottom of why this is happening

As I said I never had any issues like this with any other design program and I am now using a much faster and more modern iMac than I was back then

Just advise me where to send this file

kind regards
Colin

                                    MadWolf  Design            ~#*#"¬
                            C  o  r  p  o  r  a  t  e       I  m  a  g  i  n  g
Graphic Design :: Photography :: Large Format Digital Printing :: Publishing
                   Image scanning & Manipulation :: Web Services
_               www.madwolf.co.uk <applewebdata://4926A9C6-35A6-474C-9163-B43DD91340EC/www.madwolf.co.uk>                   colin at madwolf.co.uk <mailto:colin at madwolf.co.uk>