[scribus] scribus being slow

Colin Madwolf colin at madwolf.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 12:27:05 UTC 2021

> On 16 Oct 2021, at 13:00, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
>
> older computers are still soldiering on - slower than modern machines but OK after 10 years or more.
> B.t.w. Scribus now runs like a mag-lev train and is much more stable.

Thank you al for your comments. Here is my 2 cents worth.

I used to use InDesign and NEVER had any of these problems, so not sure the HD is the source of the problem. I do not like the way Adobe went down the subscription route - I do not do Graphics for a living any more so the occasional use does not warrant that expenditure.  I also like the way Scribus does things and most of the time it is fine.

kind regards
Colin