[scribus] Can paragraphs have lines?

Martin Zaske LINGO martin.zaske at lingo-benin.org
Wed Nov 3 21:21:36 UTC 2021

Hi Rolf,

I have looked around and did not find a read-made feature. Hope somebody
will find something more elegant for you.

My idea: make a "partner style" for each paragraph-style that needs
those lines. For example "body_text" would get "body_text_line". In this
partner style you define a suitable font, effect "underline", "align
text forced justified"(!) and basically use one single space
character(!) to make your line. If you pick a suitable font, you will
have a line exactly to your liking.

When you want to tweak the distance to your text, since you have a
partner-style, you are free to set Fixed Linespacing Mode and put any
value that you like. At the lowest setting of 1 pt, your line would even
touch the under-lengths of your text-characters.

This is clumsier than to have the feature for a real line inside the
style of your actual paragraph, like you had requested. But once you
have it set-up, it should only take seconds in your work-flow for each
line. I tried it out, and it works in my Scribus 1.5.7., you cannot tell
that it is a hacked line.

hth, greetings,

Martin

--
courriel par Martin Zaske, membre de :

LINGO-Bénin
B.P. 48
Bassila
Rep. du Bénin

Tel. 00229 / 97.44.62.95
Tel. 00229 / 62.58.04.48

Organisation Non Gouvernementale
Decret No. 2001-234 du 12 juillet 2001
No. d'enregistrement 6/033/P-SG STCCD-DCDI-ONG
du 05 septembre 2012

Numéro IFU: 6201702245702

www.lingo-benin.org