[scribus] Page functionality similar to CorelDraw

francois072 at e.email francois072 at e.email
Mon May 3 15:21:28 UTC 2021

On Monday, May 3, 2021 1:37:21 AM SAST Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 5/2/21 3:23 PM, francois072 at e.email wrote:

> >> You can do this with Scribus by using a landscape oriented A4, subdivided
> >> into 2 A5 spaces. The trick is the pagination, which you would have to do
> >> yourself. Also, depending on whether your printer can print on both sides
> >> or not, you would need to manage that as well.
> >>
> >> Greg
> >>

> >> ___
> >> Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> >> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> >> See also:
> >> http://wiki.scribus.net
> >> http://forums.scribus.net
> >
> > How should I subdivide the A4 into A5 pages?
> >
> > Where do I do the pagination?
> >
> > I can't find the info I'm looking for on the wiki.
>
> This is simply a design issue for yourself. Make a landscape A4 page. To
> help with placement of items, you can put a vertical guide in the middle.
> Now you have created 2 A5 spaces to work in.
>
> The pagination is not a function of Scribus. You have to think about what
> happens when you fold the page. The right-hand A5 side becomes page 1. If
> you're going to print on both sides, the other side of the paper from page
> 1 is page 2. You just have to mentally, perhaps helped with some diagrams,
> work this out, so that after you print your pages and fold them, the pages
> fall in the right place in the booklet.
>
> Greg
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

I'm looking at the printer setup dialog in Scribus right now.
I want to print say 10 booklets. I already made sure where each page should go
when it is folded. I want Scribus to print page 1-5 in order and then repeat
that for how many copies I chose. Usually if 10 copies is chosen then the
printer would print page 1 10 times then page 2  10 times and so on. Then I
would need to take a page from each packet and assemble the booklet. That's
why I want to print an entire booklet in order one after the other.