[scribus] deleteText() Resets Frame Attributes

Silvain Dupertuis silvain-dupertuis at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 13 08:45:09 UTC 2021

One thing might be confusing (and not always clear from the documentation):
To _what element_ does a _particular property_ like font applies.
It can be a particular string of text, a paragraph, or a frame.

As far as I understand, for font properties:

Font selected in the Text properties pane (F3 to show/hide it) applies to

  * the whole frame if the frame is selected - and the next frames is they are chained
  * the selected text if some text is selected in the frame

Font selection in the internel editor (CTRL-T) applies to

  * selected text only

But, generally speaking, using styles is preferable, at least for any formatting which
might be used more than once...

Silvain

--
Silvain Dupertuis