[scribus] "No icons found :(" After Building on Debian

Matt Miller matt.miller at fastmail.com
Sat Mar 6 16:46:27 UTC 2021

On Debian Bullseye I built from svn but when I launch the app I get:

No icons found :(

and the app exits.

My build process was:

svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus
mkdir ScribusBuild
cd ScribusBuild/
cmake ../Scribus -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/scribus15svn
make
sudo make install

I saw no errors during any of this.  Before I started I had already had a go at compiling the 1.5.6.1 that Debian provides, and during that I used "sudo apt-get build-dep scribus" to find out dependencies, and I guessed that this was enough, since I didn't see any errors while building from svn.

Thanks for helping me run from the latest source on Linux.

--

  Matt Miller
  mailto:matt.miller at fastmail.com