[scribus] Lost in hyphenation

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jun 11 12:48:51 UTC 2021

On 6/11/21 7:28 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 02/06/2021 à 10:53, JLuc a écrit :
>> I managed to reproduce these issues on short texts and created an issue :
>> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=16582
>
>> Could you please try the uploaded sample file and test how it behaves for you ?
>
> Anybody tried ?

I think maybe your expectations of what you will get from hyphenation are too high. Especially when you have relatively narrow text frames, hyphenation will generally not show a very pleasing result. Newspapers and other publications with narrow columns heavily use adjustments in letter and word spacing to achieve even borders. In Scribus, full justification helps this out.

Also, I'm not sure I understand your instructions. Many of the words in red are in the middle of a line, and where is the hyphenation point in "toutes"? Or for that matter, why would you want to hyphenate "toutes"?

Greg