[scribus] Problem with margins and idea to dev

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Jul 3 16:18:22 UTC 2021

On 7/3/21 9:17 AM, Nilton Jose Rizzo wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>     I'm newbie in scribus.
>
>     I was tried to put a margin between text  and image using the shape
> of bounding box image.
>
>      It's not a trivial. I can't found any options to set the internal
> margins of image box. I'm olny get some results puting image as "Free
> Scale" and extented the box around image, but it's not easy to keep or
> make if I have some images on document.
>
>     Have some other ways to get this?

Hi Nilton,

The way I get this done is to go to the Properties palette, and then under the Shape tab, click the Edit button. This brings up the Edit Shapes dialog, where you can click the Edit button to bring up the Edit Shape dialog. You want to check the box for Edit Contour Line, then make changes as you desire, by percentage, or amount. If you make a mistake you can always Reset.

After you finish, then click Ok. Back in the Shape tab of Properties, then in the Text Flow row of buttons, make sure you select the fourth button from the left (tooltip says "Text flow around contour line").

Text flow around the Bounding box can be useful for some irregular shapes, but for rectangular shapes, it's much easier to use the Contour line.

Greg