[scribus] Translation from Welsh to English

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jan 6 17:28:11 UTC 2021

On 1/6/21 12:01 PM, Silvain Dupertuis wrote:
> There is a script (extract-text.py) which can extract all the text of a Scribus file in a text format.
> The output is similar to this sample extract
> It could certainly be adapted (adapt the script)
> I have use it to extract the text for a multilingual document
> (using layers for the different languages in the same Scribus file
> because it has a lot of illustrations et short texts)

I wrote this script some years ago:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Export_all_text

At the bottom of the page is a version that will work with 1.5.x versions of Scribus. It used to show up when you looked at Script > Scribus Scripts from the menu. It should still be findable, in a directory called samples. In a Linux install, it would be in /usr/share/scribus/samples. With Windows, somewhere in the Scribus program directory.

You can also copy it from the wiki, paste to an empty text file, then save as extract-text.py somewhere you can find it easy.

The script saves all the text from a Scribus document. It will follow linked frames.

Greg