[scribus] draw a quadrille paper

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Feb 18 22:58:32 UTC 2021

On 2/18/21 5:14 PM, carmagnole wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to reproduce a quadrille paper used by french school pupil and called 'big squares' sheet paper.
>
> It is based on a 0.8 cm side square, divided horizontally in four spaces of 0.2 cm tall. Lines are blue tinted and the baseline is boldest. There is also a red left margin but I do not mind it.
>
> I had a glance on the wiki scripts documentation. I am not familiar with code and the first test with the Rüdiger Härtel script named "drawing a grid" gives me this error message :
>
>    Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>    File "<string>", line 10, in <module>
>
>    File "<string>", line 36
>
>    except ImportError,err:
>
>    ^
>
>    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> On my system, Kubuntu 20.10, python3-tk is installed as a dependency of scribus-data 1.5.5+svn23928+dfsg-1build1 and scribus version is 1.5.6.svn.
>
> Could you give me please a start point to proceed rationally ?
>
> Thank you.

Hi,

There are quite a number of errors.

The first one mentioned above should have only

except ImportError:

You also need to make sure all the print statements have their object enclosed in parentheses.

I eliminated the import tkFont line, and you need to spell tkinter without a capital T.

The alignment needed fixing for

    if scribus.haveDoc() == 0:
        scribus.messageBox("Error", "Please create a Document", ICON_WARNING, BUTTON_OK)
        return

After these changes, it ran for me, using Scribus 1.5.7svn.

You can save some editing time by changing the color defined as "Black" here:

    def okButon_pressed(self):
        grid(self.x.get(),self.y.get(),self.w.get(),self.h.get(),self.xs.get(),self.ys.get(),"Black")
        self.quit()

Greg