[scribus] text frame wrong location?

Silvain Dupertuis silvain-dupertuis at bluewin.ch
Sat Feb 13 14:52:01 UTC 2021

Hello,

Sometimes,

I can happen that***a frame is positioned so as to appear on another page**than the page
it is attached to*
I have experienced it with horizontal positioning on two-sided pages presentation.
Not sure if I have seen it with vertical positioning.
I suspect that this might be the source of your problem

You could try and *cut and paste the frame to the page* where it should be and then
reposition it afterwards.

Additional note:
It something one can check by looking into the source code with a text editor.
A name can be given to the frame to look for it in the code.
The frame is described with this kind of code
<PAGEOBJECT XPOS="288.72" YPOS="499.056118110236" OwnPage="0" ...>
     <StoryText>
     </StoryText>
</PAGEOBJECT>
Positions are given in points (whatever unit you use), and YPOS starts from the bottom of
the page (I think)
The page of the object is indicated as OwnPage="..." (counting the pages from 0)

--
Silvain Dupertuis
Route de Lausanne 335