[scribus] Hi, Issues with Text layout With Chinese Characters

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Feb 5 14:16:50 UTC 2021

On 2/5/21 8:17 AM, 起飞的老杨 wrote:
> Hi, I'm new user on Scribus.
>
> I want to put some Chinese Characters ( content: 由于树莓派自身的供电问题,如果移动硬盘仅依赖 USB
> 供电,由于树莓派自身的供电问题,如果移动硬盘仅依赖 USB 供电,会产生供电不足的问题,导致硬盘重启(掉盘)),it output as
> follows:
> I tested two fonts: Alibaba Puhui Regular 28 point, and OPPO sans 28 point.
> But If I chose smaller font like 12 point as default, it will not overlap
> characters and are correct. I don't know whether it is a bug or wrong
> settings of paragraph or others.

Hi,

I tried your text with the two fonts I have with Chinese characters, Deja Vu Sans, and Noto Sans CJK HK, and I don't see this problem.

When you say "overlapping" I presume you mean overlapping characters on the same line. If you mean overlapping lines, then make sure you have linespacing set to Automatic, or if you use Fixed Linespacing, adjust the amount of fixed spacing.

I do see that at the end of lines, sometimes characters spill out from the right side of the frame, which could present a layout issue at times.

Greg