[scribus] Some Suggestions for Improvement

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Oct 23 15:00:39 UTC 2020

hi tobias

> *(1) Resolution of the Displayed Document*
> When I create a text frame and insert a text into it, this text is
> displayed in a very bad resolution

i might be not so picky as you but here i don't really see the
artifacts... at 3200x1800 on 13'...

not sure that it's something easy to fix (if it's indeed an issue) but,
would you mind adding a ticket to https://bugs.scribus.net ?

> *(2) Adding Further OpenType Features*
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_typographic_features

do you know a font that has those features?

i think it might help the developers to have a .sla file with sample
text that uses those features, a font that can be used to render them
and a sample (pdf, image) output done with a software that supports the
feature.

> *(3) Changing the Selectibility of Existing OpenType Features*
> The OpenType features “Small Capitals” (smcp) and “Small Capitals
> from Capitals” (c2sc) cannot be activated at the same time.
> The option “Default Capitals” can
> simply be left out.

if this is correct, i think that it should be doable.
would you mind adding a ticket to https://bugs.scribus.net

ciao
a.l.e