[scribus] APPLE MAC to linux charset issue for PDF annotation

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sat May 30 06:27:17 UTC 2020

Hello
AMOF the friend's computer is an Apple Mac (not Windows)
and uses Mac default PDF viewer as an annotation tool.

I didnt manage to install wine to try Acrobat Reader
but could use it on another old computer with windows.

Acrobat Reader DC opens the document and displays all annotations with no charset corruption.
(BTW it's surprisingly uneasy to use).

On Ubuntu i also tried to read the document with Chromium :
this provides better results on linux than Okular or Evince.
The annotation is not fully scrambled, only the accenctuated or special glyphs.
So i can read it.

I send here a page of the document :
https://drop.infini.fr/r/p0eF2mRP_W#ZY6pjE4MM/EwwXYiBAKfruoUoxTwokXUbNss+G3uNUo=
It features 5 annotation : the first is OK, the 2nd, 3d and 5th have charset issues
and appear as 3 scrambled glyphs.
The 4th annotation reads fine but it could be it is shortened (not sure).

JLuc