[scribus] windows to linux charset issue for PDF annotation

William Bader william.bader at newspapersystems.com
Sat May 30 05:21:37 UTC 2020

I think that text annotations are just text without a font, and the PDF
viewer decides how to display them.
I am looking at "PDF 32000-1:2008", section 12.5.6.4 Text Annotations,
page 394
https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf
Specifying fonts in resources in annotations might not be valid.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24205137/adding-freetext-annotation-to-pdf
Do the annotations view correctly with Acrobat?
I think that evince and okular both read PDFs with poppler.
Can you post a small PDF with an annotation that does not view correctly?
Regards, William