[scribus] Scripts preferences ?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Jun 9 09:41:02 UTC 2020

Le 09/06/2020 à 09:14, JLuc a écrit :

> Is there a way to define preferences for a script as for we do for scribus core features ?

A bit more on this :

> autotypo script requires several configs and i allways use the same
> In the more recent version i've defined a "dont_ask" mode that uses some default values,
> but it requires to edit the script so as to change the default values in case they dont fit.
> It would be nice to be able to setup preferences for this script through a dialog.

There are allready 4 or 5 settings in the script and there could be more.
As for my own use, i allways use the same settings that fit my typographic fixes needs :
- french;
- use thin non breaking space for both « » and ; ! ? etc
- replace existing spaces,
- merge sets of spaces,
- hyphenates.
So i added a dont ask mode that is triggerable in the script.
Settings used during a dont-ask run can also be edited in the script
but it'd be nicer for more users when the settings use a kind of preference dialog
as scribus core features do.

JLuc