[scribus] Script for (french) thin typographic spaces

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Jun 2 13:53:44 UTC 2020

Le 02/06/2020 à 13:44, Silvain Dupertuis a écrit :
> 1. The thin space *is not accessible from the Insert Spaces and Breaks Menu* in text using fonts like Times, Arial,
> Liberation...
> Which seems to suggest that this character is missing in these fonts.

Is there a python function to check whether a glyph exists in some font or not ?

This is an issue that i usually circumvene adding a thin space not of the local font,
but of a dedicated font.

> I remember having seen a script to add non-breaking spaces in French.

Autoquote and Autoquote2 in the scripts menu ?

I realize there is even an Autoquote3 : https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Autoquote2
(even if the title of the page is autoquote2)

JL