[scribus] Tables in 1.5.6svn

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Jan 9 01:30:54 UTC 2020

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 08. Januar 2020 um 01:43 Uhr
> Von: "John Jason Jordan" <johnxj at gmx.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] Tables in 1.5.6svn
>
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 16:30:05 -0500
> Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> dijo:
>
> >On 1/7/20 3:16 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe someone who is Latex-literate could create several dozen tables
> >> with code as needed to create the table in a render frame, along
> >> with a graphical view of what the render frame will loo like. Click
> >> on the graphical view and the code is automatically pasted into the
> >> render frame. I imagine that this would be scriptable. All the user
> >> would need to do is add or subtract for more or fewer rows and
> >> columns. Even a dummy like me might be able create tables in a
> >> render frame if the majority of the code is already done and all I
> >> have to is ad/subtract. I know a lot of local TeX/LatexL/Lyx gurus
> >> who I might be able to inveigle into helping. I wouldn't mind
> >> helping to coordinate such a project.
> >
> >Here is a very basic structure for a table you might plug into a
> >Render frame (Context menu: Edit Source) ...
> >The {|p{6cm}|p{5cm}|} sets up the columns, in this case the vertical
> >lines indicate there will be vertical borders. p{6cm} means that the
> >first column will be 6cm wide. the \hline makes a horizontal line --
> >for some reason you need 2 of them at the beginning to make the top
> >border. \\ is for the end of a row.
> >Change the cols argument to {p{6cm}p{5cm}} and eliminate the \hline's
> >and you will have a table without borders.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Now if I can find a tutorial on other options for the syntax. Like line
> thickness and color, font styles, and lots more. I'll look around the
> net - surely I can find something.

Hi all,

The dysfunctional tables feature is, at least IMHO, one of the major roadblocks on the way to the release of 1.6.0. I don't think we can release 1.6.0 until this has been fixed.

For the time being, users should follow the workaround using LibreOffice Calc and Draw, including EPS export, as described in the online help system.

Christoph