[scribus] 1.5.6svn - daily builds PPA

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Tue Jan 7 09:21:07 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 05:44:44PM +0100, ale rimoldi wrote:
> > I do not know what that option does on Linux. I do not believe this
> > option jives well with a PPA repository mainained package, so it
> > should probably be greyed out on PPA or comparable repo builds.
>
> if mattia (the debian / ubuntu maintainer) says that it's a good idea, i
> will make a patch that disables this tab at compile time.
>
> i don't think that this tab is useful on linux, with appimages and a
> few other use cases.
>
> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=16029

Probably, rather than removed it could be reworded to mention to check
with your package provider to see whethere there is an update available
from them.  Keeping it might be useful information to the user, if
anything.

Also, it should get more clever.  In my 1.5.5 installation it also lists
1.5.5 as an available update, for example.  And I don't believe 1.5.6svn
is a valid update for my 1.5.5.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo