[scribus] 1.5.6svn - daily builds PPA

ale rimoldi a.l.e at xox.ch
Mon Jan 6 16:44:44 UTC 2020

hi

> > When running
> > Scribus 1.5.6svn there is an option to look for updates, which I
> > have not yet used.
>
> I do not know what that option does on Linux. I do not believe this
> option jives well with a PPA repository mainained package, so it
> should probably be greyed out on PPA or comparable repo builds.

if mattia (the debian / ubuntu maintainer) says that it's a good idea, i
will make a patch that disables this tab at compile time.

i don't think that this tab is useful on linux, with appimages and a
few other use cases.

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=16029

> Unfortunately, the Ubuntu world has gotten quite complicated with
> flatpacks, snaps and appimages, which do not follow (and usually
> conflict with) APT guidelines. I try to stick with APT-managed
> packages as much as I can.

flatpack and appimage have nothing to little to do with ubuntu: they
allow to distribute software for many different linux systems.

personally, i appreciate that appimages do not integrate at all
with apt : - )
in my eyes they are a complement to the PPAs, not a replacement.

ciao
a.l.e