[scribus] Scripter setFontFeatures usage

Victor / tokiop tor at tokiop.com
Mon Feb 24 15:52:37 UTC 2020

Le 24/02/2020 à 00:13, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> At least with the documentation for createCharStyle(), "fontfeatures" include ligatures, script position (e.g. superscript), capitals, numerals, numeral width, numeral fractions, numeral zero, and style sets.

thanks Greg for your clarification! Indeed, these font features are encoded as FONTFEATURES="..." it makes sense for me now.

> What are called "features" are inherit, bold, italics, underline, underlinewords, strike, superscript, subscript, outline, shadowed, allcaps, smallcaps. The ones here that seem to be duplicates of fontfeatures are, I presume, artificially created superscripts (for example), rather than a unique glyph.
I was looking to add FEATURES, TXTULP, TXTULW attributes inline from scripter but it doesn't seem possible. Currently my script edits the sla's source directly in post process which is not ideal.

If I understand correctly style inheritance, using create/setCharacterStyle will require to create a lot of character styles for every combination of font/font-style/feature, but it is a great addition to scripter, and could help removing the need to edit the source.

Thanks both of you for your help understanding, have a nice day !

Victor