[scribus] export part of a page

Jonas Bechtel post at jbechtel.de
Wed Feb 5 21:20:07 UTC 2020

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 09:46:46 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote with subject
"Re: [scribus] export part of a page":
[...]

Hi, I already have made one tipp, but just now I got the idea to let
another Scribus document split the pages. The big advantage is that you
can fully keep your workflow a) producing big big pages and b)
extracting parts of the pages.

I uploaded some demo to http://jbechtel.de/site/dist/FLINDS2/

Core of the idea is to export Original.pdf and then create a
small-page-document which uses an image frame which loads Original.pdf.

Step 1: Create wide/big page, like this one: Original.sla ->
 Original.pdf

Step 2: Create split file, like this one: Geteilt.sla -> Geteilt.pdf

 The split file loads the Original.pdf as an image. In Scribus images
 can be offset inside their frames, so you can offset the pdf file by
 any number (that are negative x numbers in this case).

Whenever Step 1 is repeated, you just have to redo export of Step 2 to
get the split file.

P. S.: You can use the "embed eps" option to get more accurate split
pages, or you can render them in case you need just pixel graphics.

Hope it helped.

BR
 Jonas