[scribus] Problems with fonts and styles

Julian Vincent julianfvvincent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 09:47:49 UTC 2020

I have the latest release of Scribus (1.5.6.1) running on an iMac running OS 10.15.7. I’m using the latest version of LibreOffice to load .odt files in to Scribus. I have generated simple scripts using Paragraph Styles to control the transformation of a variety of fonts and styles in LibreOffice to a standard (Times New Roman, 10pt) in Scribus. I have had no serious problems with previous versions of Scribus running the same styles scripts.

But now I am getting a mix of fonts (mostly not changing Arial into TNR) at a mix of sizes (most 12pt when I have specified 10pt.). I have checked the styles scripts and they seem fine - unchanged from previous use. Pl;ease advise.

I have also been getting a large number of styles placed in the lists of Styles, labelled ’Text[xxx]List / Caption / Heading “ etc. They proliferate and are a niusance. How can I stop them being generated?

Another minor gripe is getting the file to hold steady in the working window. It never seems to fill the window laterally and moves from side to side in an apparently unco-ordinated manner.

And finally - how can I get a file laid out as a column of separate pages to show paired pages (L / R)? I can do it with a small file, but my standard length is 48 pp and I can’t get the pages to pair.

Otherwise the program is excellent!

Thanks in advance
Julian Vincent