[scribus] is scribus could be installed with apt backport on buster ?

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Wed Dec 2 18:06:02 UTC 2020

Hi Pierre :)

On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 06:44:09PM +0100, Pierre LE COCQ wrote:
> I use scribus on a buster Debian but I want to upgrade scribus to 1.5.6.
> The apt install with backport for scribus/bullseye warns me it does not
> exist.

I never uploaded scribus to backports, so in buster only 1.4.8 is
available.

Furthermore, scribus 1.5.6 requires Qt 5.12, whereas in buster there is
only Qt 5.11, which makes impossible to build it.

> I see on tracker.debian.org/pkg/scribus  : [2020-11-15] Accepted scribus
> 1.5.6.1+dfsg-1 (source) into unstable <https://tracker.debian.org/news/1192743/accepted-scribus-1561dfsg-1-source-into-unstable/>
> (Mattia Rizzolo)
> Does it means only source is available to install with apt ?

No, that means that I uploaded only the source, instead of the binaries.
the binaries are then built automatically.  but that's uploaded "into
unstable", not to buster or buster-backports.

Overall, if you need 1.5.6 I can suggest you either upgrade your system
to Debian Testing (Bullseye - which is going to become stable next year,
I guess by Summer should be released), or use some other method like
appimage, snap, etc.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo