[scribus] file size limit?

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Thu Aug 6 22:10:51 UTC 2020

Le 06/08/2020 à 23:34, guerrier a écrit :
> I laid out a design, in Scribus windows 1.4.8, for a billboard with
> multiple large images (tifs ~1.5gb @600dpi).  I kept getting an error where
> I could not import the last image.  Get Image > load file.tif > image frame
> is empty but displays file name.
>
> I then reduce the file size gradually until the image frame displayed the
> image. Then it worked.
>
> Is there a file size limit for a project? Could it be some other limit
> which kept Scribus from  importing one more large image?

Usually the limit will come from your computer available memory. On Windows, the 32bit
version of Scribus will usually also have a 2Gb memory usage limitation which comes from
the system. If you are using that version and have a 64bit system, I would strongly advise
you to switch to the 64bit version of Scribus which can make a much better usage of
available memory on those systems.

Jean