[scribus] file size limit?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Aug 6 21:54:13 UTC 2020

On 8/6/20 5:34 PM, guerrier wrote:
> I laid out a design, in Scribus windows 1.4.8, for a billboard with
> multiple large images (tifs ~1.5gb @600dpi).  I kept getting an error where
> I could not import the last image.  Get Image > load file.tif > image frame
> is empty but displays file name.
>
> I then reduce the file size gradually until the image frame displayed the
> image. Then it worked.
>
> Is there a file size limit for a project? Could it be some other limit
> which kept Scribus from  importing one more large image?

HI Adler,

You might try using 1.5.6 Scribus. In the 1.5.x series, there is now an image cache which might be of some help.

It's also possible this is just a display issue - it may well be the image is there and will be processed to a PDF alright.

Could this be an issue with memory in your computer?

Greg