[scribus] New to Scribud

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Apr 23 13:34:50 UTC 2020

On 4/23/20 1:43 AM, dtrauttman at outlook.com wrote:

> While we type a text in Hebrew (or Arabic) and when the written text is too long for a single page, a second page appears.
>
> When we write in English, that second page appears on the right but when writing in Hebrew, it should appears on the left.
>
> Is that option possible with Scribus?

Hi David,

I guess you're talking about the ability of a document to have Facing Pages. At present, this only is arranged as progressing from left to right, though the first page can be either a right or a left page. In your case, I imagine that you should just stay with Single Pages to eliminate confusion.

At the same time, Facing Pages is merely a display option in Scribus -- these are still individual pages. If you were going to take your Scribus PDF to a commercial printer, the flow of the pages in a book would be part of the imposition that the printer would set up in the process of getting ready to print a document.

Greg