[scribus] how to not-print master pages

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Apr 1 18:14:50 UTC 2020

On 4/1/20 1:29 PM, ZASKE Martin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> long time no write, but it just means that all is working just fine.
>
> Master pages are also working fine here, using versions 1.5.4 and 1.5.5.
>

> Just finished layouting a longer document with very colourful headers and borders. Now hoping to print or rather PDF-export without the master pages. And then shoot from our office printer.
>
> Why? Because the master pages have been done first and are right now correct. But they use up a lot of expensive toner, and at the moment we are concentrating on the text.
>

> In the layers window I cannot see the master pages. This is the place where typically I temporarily un-print certain elements.

Hi Martin,

Master Pages are not seen unless they're applied. I am guessing that you have made new Master Pages for these features.
What you might do is to first create a blank Master Page if none of yours are blank. The "Normal" Master Page that is automatically applied to pages starts out blank.
Once you have a blank Master Page, apply it (Page > Apply Master Page) to as many pages as you like. What you might do afterward is to save this blanked Master Page version of your document under another name to leave the original intact.

Greg