[scribus] Scribus android

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Sep 3 19:35:40 UTC 2019

Le 03/09/2019 à 12:56, ale rimoldi a écrit :
>> i've allready used a blutooth keyboard that makes typing as easy as
>> on a desktop, and there are also bluetooth mouses that probably makes
>> precise pointing a lot easier.
>
> now, if you replace your tablet by a small laptop you can use scribus
> on it : - ) > just a small step missing...

True... but i see a couple of tablets in my close surrounding and relatives
and no working small laptop.

> i think that doing a port of scribus to android will stay of limited
> interest...

The interest is to use the available computing power.

> but, as said, for some tasks it might be useful to have apps that do
> things with scribus documents (just not generally edit the file... imo)

External text could be fed into some static layout ?

It could be of real interest but i imagine also how frustrating it would be
to meet static layout constraints in the more general case.

Maybe some masonery type layout dynamic could do the trick
(as can be tested on https://masonry.desandro.com/layout.html :
change your window size and layout adapts)
except with such a constrained scribus app, not the window should change size,
but each content block, and the layout should adapt.

JL