[scribus] Request for a feature - 'window memory'

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Nov 12 16:01:28 UTC 2019

hi mike

> I played around a little and soem 'windows' did persist after
> restarting Scribus, but not all. It seems that one has to dock them
> and then move them to get them to persist. This is the first time
> I've observed any behaviour like this in Scribus!

if you can steps that can be replicated please open a ticket with the
exact steps to https://bugs.scribus.net

> Just docking them means less space for viewing the actual document

i tend to work on (very) small screens.
it's not because a window is docked, that it should stay forever on the
screen.
in my case, for documents where i need more space, i do an F2 and f3 if
i want to hide or restore the palettes.

the big advantage is that i don't have to move around my palettes but
they are always at the same place, outside of the area where i'm
editing my document.

other people prefer to dock everything and keep the windows around
forever.
de gustibus.

(i've seen people working with very little usable space...
terrifying! ... not only with scribus. and they won't change their
mind.)

ciao
a.l.e