[scribus] Request for a feature - 'window memory'

Mike Wright mike at wrights.de
Tue Nov 12 15:00:44 UTC 2019

Hi a.l.e

Well, yes and no,

I played around a little and soem 'windows' did persist after restarting
Scribus, but not all. It seems that one has to dock them and then move
them to get them to persist. This is the first time I've observed any
behaviour like this in Scribus!

Just docking them means less space for viewing the actual document and I
find two screens essential for A3 and bigger layouts ('windows' on one
monitor and the main window on the other). I can't imagine how people
work with one monitor /screen for any length of time on bigger docs, at
least half-way efficiently. Maybe they have no deadlines ;-)

The 'properties' window never seems to persist ('text properties' does
now :-) ) - but I've only done initial tests so far.

Very interesting indeed! Thanks!!

mike

On 12/11/2019 14:14, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi > > fist, the easy part. the text and properties windows are meant to
be > docked (on the right side of the scribus window?). > > of course,
you can do whatever you want with them, but docking might > be a simple
solution to your most stringent issue. > > > on the other side...
personally, i don't have any window that i keep > opened after usage
(other than the properties and text palettes). but > from time to time,
it happens to me to forget closing a window and i > tend to recall that
i find it disturbing, to find it there where i > left it before
quitting. > > i just tried: > > - opened the the "align and distribute"
- placed i in the lower left > corner - quit scribus - opened scribus -
and the "align and > distribute" was there where i left it, ready to be
closed. > > i also recall of people complaining that windows had
disappeared: > restoring the settings solved the issue. since, indeed,
scribus did > keep memory of the position of the palette and when they
did not > have their external memory plugged in (or were hit by the
wandering > windows "bug") and scribus did keep them at their latest
position. > > so: scribus does recall the position of your windows...
there might > be something on your computer(s) that does not work
correctly with > scribus... > > on the final side... with the "action
search" you can quickly open > any window with the keyboard (ctrl+/) do
your action and close it > again. this way you have the full window
available for do your work > and nothing will be hidden behind those
damned windows. > > also, most of the windows can be docked. so, if you
really want to > keep that many windows open, you might want to try how
it feels when > they're docked to one of the four sides. > > > ciao
a.l.e > > ___ Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net Edit your
options > or unsubscribe:
http://wiki.scribus.net http://forums.scribus.net > --
Mike Wright